Project Learning Day 2017 will be held on Saturday, February 18 at the Johnson Creek Elementary School. There are sessions for everyone to enjoy from Cloverbuds to parents and adults. Sessions will be slated on a first come first serve basis so please get your form in early. Registration is due by February 10, 2017 to the Extension Office. The Junior Leaders will also been hosting lunch again this year as a fundraiser for their activities. Lunch will be served from 11:50 -12:30 p.m.
Register! To register, go to : https://goo.gl/forms/CQLSZJQfLpTTR1Ci1
PROJECT LEARNING DAY CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
**Classes are listed in alphabetical order. Pictures below are examples for some of the classes.**
- FULL: Beaded Wind Chime (shown above) – Courtney Kreger; Making a Beaded Wind Chime to hang outside for the summer. Cost: $4.00. Please bring adhesive and/or glue stick. Offered 12:30 pm. Limit 5.
- Cake Decorating (Beginning) – Taught by Jefferson Wal-Mart Bakery Staff. Learn how to do cake decorating. Offered at 9 a.m. (full) & 11 a.m. Limit 10.
- Cake Decorating (Intermediate) – Taught by Jefferson Wal-Mart Bakery Staff. Once you feel comfortable with the beginning cake decorating, this class would be for you. No cost. Offered at 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Limit 10.
- Cardmaking (Advanced) – Ashley Schlender; Learn how to make several greeting cards using advanced techniques, such as embossing and die-cutting. Cost: $3 includes materials and envelopes for 4 cards. For youth 12 and up. Please bring adhesive and/or glue stick. Offered 10am & 12:30pm. Limit 10.
- Cardmaking (Beginner) – Ashley Schlender; Learn how to make several greeting cards using one sheet of patterned paper. Participants will learn basic stamping skills and get card layout ideas. Cost: $3 includes the materials and envelopes for seven cards. For youth 12 and up. Please bring adhesive and/or glue stick. Offered 9 am and 11:00 am. Limit 15.
- Christmas Crafting – Melissa Gross; Make & take Christmas ornaments & Christmas crafts. It is never too early to start thinking about Christmas. Cost: $3. Offered 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:00 am, and 12:30 pm. Limit 10.
- Coupons Coupons – Cheryl Mierendorf; Learn the basics of couponing. How to set a budget. What to coupon for and how to start. How to coupon for home, clubs and charities. Cost: $1. For youth 10 & up. Offered 9:00 am and 11:00 am. Limit 10.
- Easter Cards – Kimberly Prophett; Create an Easter Themed Card. Cost: $3. For youth 7 & up. Offered at 10am and 12:30 pm. Please bring 2-3 photos from summer fun. Limit 10.
- Food Preservation-Dehydration – Cheryl Mierendorf; Learn different ways to dehydrate food and what can be dehydrated. We will taste some interesting food. No cost. Offered 12:30 pm. Limit 10.
- Jelly Making – Cheryl Mierendorf; Learn how to make jelly. What steps are needed to can jelly? You will also take home a jar of jelly. Cost: $3.00. Offered 10:00 am. Limit 5.
- Let’s Explore Insects…In the Water!!!- Jayne Jenks; We’ll take a look at the watery world of insects. We’ll see who hatches and into what and find out what life in the water is like for them. No cost. Offered 12:30 pm. Limit 20.
- Make an Art Holder (shown above) – Ashley Mesarosch; Cost: $1. For youth 5-8 years. Offered 9:00 & 11:00 am. Limit 10.
- Make a Bouncy Ball – Ashley Mesarosch; Cost: $1. For youth 9 years & up. Offered 10:00 am and 12:30 pm. Limit 10.
- FULL: Monstrous Sniffles Pouch (shown above) – Debbie Pierce; Create this little tissue pack for fending off monstrous sniffles. Cost: $2. For youth 8 years & up. Offered 9:00 am. Limit 5.
- My Very Own Apron (shown above) – Debbie Pierce; Make this Apron to help keep yourself clean in the kitchen. 8 years & up. No cost. Bring 3/4 yards of favorite Cotton Fabric and 1 1/2 yards of 1″ wide grosgrain ribbon in matching color. Class sewing machines will have white thread on them. Offered at 12:30 p.m. Limit 5.
- FULL: Natural Bird Feeders/Habitat/Birds; Taught by Sharon Schweitzer. Discussion and hands on class. Learn about plants & trees birds need. Make a simple natural feeder for winter birds. Cost: $1. 00. No requirements unless they have special needs in handling plant materials or are allergic to peanuts. For youth 8 and up; Cloverbud with older member. Offered 11:00 am. Limit 10.
- Perler Bead Art – Cassidy Johnson; Learn how to make flowers or shapes with beads that will be melted together. Cost: $1. Offered at 9 and 11 a.m. Limit 5.
- Pin the Cape on the Hero – Jr. Leaders; Cloverbuds come have some fun with the Jr. Leaders. No cost. Offered at 11 a.m.
- Photography (Beginning) – Pam Chickering Wilson; Learn presentation and display on what makes a great picture. Please bring 1-2 pictures to look at. No cost. Offered at 10 a.m. Limit 20.
- Propagation-Starting New Plants; Taught by Sharon Schweitzer, no requirements unless they have special needs in handling plant materials. Cost: $2.00. For youth 8 and up; Cloverbuds with older member. Offered 10:00 am. Limit 10.
- Rabbits by Sue Wilpolt; Learn How to take care of your rabbit; how to handle; what to feed your rabbit; & how to make a cage. No cost. Offered 11:00 am. No Limit.
- Safe, Enjoyable Bicycling in Jefferson County; Taught by Dale & Carla Oestrich. Watertown Share the Road (STR) is a non-profit organization of
volunteer bicycle and pedestrian enthusiasts whose mission is to educate and advocate for safe bicycling, running and walking in our communities. The class will discuss the importance of a proper bicycle ‘fit’, Wisconsin bicycle laws, and bicycle safety; including proper attire, lights and techniques. We will also discuss basic bicycle maintenance, different categories of bicycling, and information about safe, fun trails and routes throughout Jefferson County and surrounding area. No cost. For youth 8 & up. Offered 9:00 am. Limit 25.
- Simple Scrapbook Page – Kimberly Prophett; Create a summer scrapbook layout. Cost: $3.00. For youth 10 & up. Offered 9:00 am and 11:00 am. Please bring 2-3 photos from summer fun. Limit 10.
- FULL: Simple Tote Bag (shown above) – Debbie Pierce; Make this simple tote bag with handles and lining. Cost: $3.00. For youth 8 years and up. Offered at 10:00 am. Limit 5.
|Class 1||Class 2||
9:00 – 9:50
|10:00 – 10:50||11:00 – 11:50||
12:30 – 1:20
|Make an Art Holder $1.00||Make a Bouncy Ball $1.00||Make an Art Holder $1.00||Make a Bouncy Ball $1.00|
|Beginner Cardmaking Class $3.00||Advanced Cardmaking Class $3.00||Beginner Cardmaking Class $3.00||Advanced Cardmaking Class $3.00|
|Coupons Coupons $1.00||Jelly Making $3.00||Coupons Coupons $1.00||Food Preservation – Dehydration|
|Simple Scrapbook Page $3.00||Easter Cards $3.00||Simple Scrapbook Page $3.00||Easter Cards $3.00|
|Christmas Crafting $3.00||Christmas Crafting $3.00||Christmas Crafting $3.00||Christmas Crafting $3.00|
|Safe, Enjoyable Bicycling in Jefferson County||Propagation – Starting new plants $2.00||FULL: Natural Bird Feeders/Habitat/Birds $1.00||My Very Own Apron|
|FULL: Monstrous Sniffles pack $2.00||FULL: Simple Tote Bag $3.00||Rabbits||FULL: Beaded Wind Chime $4.00|
|FULL: Beginning Cake Decorating||Intermediate Cake Decorating||Beginning Cake Decorating)||Intermediate Cake Decorating|
|Perler Bead Art) $1.00||Beginning Photography)||Perler Bead Art) $1.00||Let’s Explore Insects….In the Water!!!|
|Pin the Cape on the Hero|