Below are the data documents from awards nights. These documents may be helpful when completing your record book.
Youth Quality Care Assurance program is required for every youth wanting to sell an animal in the Youth & Dairy Livestock Auction at the Jefferson County Fair. Currently, there is a $3 cost for YQCA Face to Face or “Instructor-Led Training”. 4-H’ers may take YQCA through online interactive modules for $12. Youth must pre-register and pay with a credit card at https://yqca.learngrow.io/Account/Login .
YQCA Face to Face or “Instructor-Led Training” Events:
- Please check back for 2019 dates.
|Beef Representative, Adult||Scott Keppen**||920-988-2306|
|Beef Representative, Adult||Ryan Issacsen||262-503-4337|
|Beef Representative, Youth||Hannah Allen**||262-901-5242|
|Beef Representative, Youth||Trevor Messmer**||920-648-8695|
|Sheep Representative, Adult||Lisa Small** (Treasurer)||920-285-7204|
|Sheep Representative, Adult||Mandy Knapp||920-253-5761|
|Sheep Representative, Youth||Samantha Semrau**||920-397-8002|
|Sheep Representative, Youth||Jadyn Krause**||608-212-2161|
|Swine Representative, Adult||Tim Ball** (Vice Chair)||262-337-1147|
|Swine Representative, Adult||Rachel Thom (Chair)||920-728-5144|
|Swine Representative, Youth||Clara Ball**||262-949-4927|
|Swine Representative, Youth||Emma Statz** (Secretary)||920-988-8402|
|Dairy Representative, Adult||Linda Wright** (Reporter)||920-253-9398|
|Dairy Representative, Youth||Haden Hartwig**||920-728-1249|
** Terms expire in 2019.
The MAP Data Log is updated when documents are turned into the UW-Extension Office. This log is to help members understand which documents still need to be turned in.
|Start of the new MAP year (2017-2018) for earning education points||Sheep & Swine recording errors due|
|Beef Project Kick-Off Meeting
All Grades; 6:30-7:30 p.m.
|Record Book Training
6 p.m., UW-Extension Office
|Beef WLIC DNA Postmark Deadline (if applicable)||YQCA Activity Night
6:30 p.m., UWEX Office
|Beef Weigh-In (9-10:30 a.m.) at Fair Park
Project Agreement Forms Due
|Last day to complete educational points. Point cards due to UWEX by 4 p.m.|
|Beef Weigh-in Recording Errors Due||Buyer Cards due to UWEX|
|Swine Project Kick-Off Meeting
All members 6:30-7:30 p.m. @ Activity Center, Fair Park
|Youth notified of sale eligibility by letter from MAP Committee|
|Sheep Project Kick-Off Meeting
All Grades; 6:30-7:30 p.m.
|Weigh-ins, ultrasound and grading for 2018 Jefferson County Fair|
|MAP Camp – UWEX Office
Additional Details coming soon!
|Jefferson County Fair|
|4-H Project enrollments and changes MUST be done – Notify UWEX Office||2018 Youth & Dairy Livestock Auction (MAP Sale) at Fair|
| Project Learning Day for Beef, Sheep, Swine & Dairy
|MAP Awards Night
Fair Park – MAP Sale Arena
|Sheep & Swine DNA Postmark Deadline (if applicable)
Project Agreements Forms Due
|Thank You Notes due to UWEX Office by 4 p.m.|
|Sheep Weigh-in (1-2 p.m.)
Project Agreement Forms Due
|Project Record Books due to the UWEX Office by 4 p.m.|
- 2018-2019 Point Card (Due to UW-Extension Office on May 31, 2019)
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTIONS
Kick-Off Meetings – 1 point
Members and a parent or guardian are encouraged to attend the Species Kick Off meetings to gain a better understanding of the rules and due dates for each species. New rules and changes will be announced at the Kick-Off meetings each year.
Other Opportunities for Points
Events not listed below must be pre-approved by the committee in order for them to count as points. Please contact the committee chairperson or the Extension Office before the monthly committee meeting to have your event approved. All educational points must be completed and approved by May 31, 2018.
1 point events
- Record Book Training (encouraged for first year members) – 1 point
- MAP Activity Night (same materials as MAP Camp)
- Club Meat Animal Project Meeting – max 2 points
- Fitting and Showing Clinic (Nasco, FS, Animart, etc) – max 2 points
- Livestock or Meat Judging Clinic
- MAP Committee Meeting – 1 point max
- Sheep & Wool Festival Skillathon, Sweepstakes or Showing – max 2 points
- Breed Association Field Days (Hereford Farm Tour) – max 1 point
- Weigh-In Help – max 2 points
- Fair Ultrasound Help – max 2 points
- Livestock Camp Help – max 2 points
- Project Learning Day for Large Animals – 1 point per species; max 2 points
- Carcass Clinic – 1 point
- Meats Lab – 1 point
2 point events
- MAP Camp
- Participate in Premier Exhibitor Contest at State Fair – 2 point for 1st specie; 1 point after
- WLBA quiz and Skillathon Contest
- Meats Judging Team (must participate in contest)
- Livestock Judging Team (must participate in contest)
- Beef, sheep or swine shows (excluding all Jr. County Fairs & State Fair) – 6 point max
- Participate in World Beef Expo Sweepstakes
- Livestock Quiz Bowl
- Leadership Roles (example – teaching a clinic, breed ambassador)
- Area Animal Science Days
3 point events
- Herd management – breeding through finishing (your MAP species)
No. of Point = Credit Times 4
- School Classes – Animal Science, Ag Exploration class (livestock, meats), crop/feed
Dairy Judging, World Dairy Expo, Dairy Bowl and Project Animal Sales are a few items that are not included and do not count for points in the MAP Project.
- If you were in the 2016 MAP Project last year (those who sold or even those who weighed in, but did not sell), you must have turned in a completed record book by September 7, 2017. Your required record book must be completed for the specie of your sale animal. It is not required that you create a record book for each animal or each specie you exhibited.
- Record books must be turned in complete. If your record book is deemed incomplete, the MAP Committee will review your record book as a committee. Members who turn in record books that are not complete will sell at the END OF THE SALE. Examples of an incomplete record books may include but is not limited to:
- Must contain ALL required signatures.
- All information must be completed (all filled in).
- Written information must be legible.
- If you score a 15 or under, your record book will be considered incomplete.
- If you weighed in an animal (beef = December, sheep = April, swine = April) and/or DNA tagged an animal and choose not to sell it and/or show it at the Fair, you must still turn in a and choose not to sell it and/or show it at the fair, you must still turn in a Record Book to participate in the MAP project and sale in the following year. Record Books for 2017-18 are due September 7, 2018 by 4:00 pm.
Record Books (All record books due to UW-Extension Office by 4 p.m. on Sept. 7, 2018)
- 2017-18 Advanced Market Animal Record Book (for grades 9-12)
- 2017-18 Advanced Market Animal Record Book (for grades 9-12; pdf fillable)
- 2017-18 Advanced Market Animal Record Book (for grades 9-12; word document)
- 2017-18 Junior Market Animal Record Book (for grades 3-8)
- 2017-18 Junior Meat Animal Record Book (grades 3-8; pdf fillable)
- 2017-18 Junior Meat Animal Record Book (for grades 3-8; word document)
**For a PDF fillable, please make sure to save the file first to your computer and then complete the record book.
It is the member’s responsibility to talk with prospective buyers and invite them to attend the sale. Each member planning to participate in the meat animal project sale is encouraged to promote the MAP sale by turning in signed buyer cards to the UW-Extension Office by June 8, 2018.
The Meat Animal Project Committee receives educational support from the 4-H Youth Development Agent and the UW-Extension, Jefferson County Office, 864 Collins Road, Jefferson, WI 53549. When you have any questions regarding your meat animal project, contact one of the committee members or the UW-Extension Office. The UW-Extension office may choose to contact a committee member with your question. Your UW-Extension contact is Kim at email@example.com. You may also call the office at 920-674-7297.